Position: Software Engineer for Site reliability engineering
Valid: 06.08.2022 to 09.10.2022
Show description »
E- Search helps Microsoft get the best externally employed candidates (Serbian citizens).
We are looking for Software Engineers for Site reliability engineering to join Microsoft Azure Data SQL Team to make sure Azure Data SQL product portfolio is the most reliable across all cloud providers.
This is an external staff job position. You will have a temporary employment contract (18 months) with E- Search company, in service of Microsoft.
Our client Microsoft has been a leading company in computing for decades. They are a global operation, relied on by governments, utilities, schools, and co-operatives to deliver the things they need to work, every day. In order to make this work for their customers, they need continual effort to make that delivery reliable. In order to drive reliability, they need you -- someone who already is, or is interested in becoming Software Engineer for Site reliability engineering (SRE).
SREs are people who take engineering-based approaches to solving operations problems: they like infrastructure, they like seeing how big, complicated things work, and most importantly, they gain great satisfaction from making it better. SREs build, monitor, and maintain the systems and infrastructure that ensure our customers can quickly access their data and run workloads whenever and wherever they need to. SREs identify service problems and areas for improvement, and they follow up by fixing those problems.
Do you love to be in the operational thick of things? Do you have experience with DevOps and Live Site, a keen eye for detail and a drive to deliver 99.999% availability? The Azure Data Sql Team is looking for an SRE to create and administrate live site infrastructure. This role will work on our monitor and alerting infrastructure and live site tools to support an excellent live site practice.
We would like to talk to you if you:
- Are interested in distributed systems and working with high scale services.
- Like to work in a fast-moving environment and you aren't afraid to change things to make them better.
- Enjoy new technological challenges and solving hard problems.
Your responsibilities will include some or all of the below:
Technical Knowledge and Domain-Specific Expertise
- Develops a foundational understanding of distributed systems design, interactions between cloud technology layers and components, basic dependencies at scale, and the code that defines infrastructures. Can contribute to the code base the defines components or features of systems or cloud technologies to improve the reliability and operability of supported products, with direction with other engineers.
- Develops an understanding of the code, features, and operations of specific products at scale as required to contribute to incremental improvements in product availability, reliability, efficiency, observability, and/or performance; participates in on-boarding, code/design reviews, and regular meetings with the engineering teams that develop and/or manage those products.
Contributions to Development and Design
- Develops and tests changes to optimize code and improve the observability, reliability and operability of a defined range of platform, system, or product components or features with direction from other engineers.
- Supports ongoing engagements with product engineering teams by participating in code/design reviews, regular meetings, on-call rotations, and incident responses throughout product development and operations cycles; draws insights from engagements with product engineering teams and basic analyses of telemetry data to propose potential improvements to code and designs for a defined set of product components or features with guidance from other engineers.
Driving Operational Excellence
- Implements configuration and data changes across a predefined range of product components or features with guidance from other engineers to develop an understanding of how configurations, binaries, and data can be managed using code, tooling, and automation.
- Develops an understanding of how to manage changes safely and reliably in production by using existing tools and automation to enable product engineering teams implement changes across a defined range of components or features, with direction from other engineers.
- Uses existing tools to troubleshoot problems or flaws affecting the availability, reliability, performance, and/or efficiency of components or features with guidance from other engineers. Suggests potential solutions to resolve and prevent recurring issues and brings them to the attention of other engineers or team leads.
- Responds to incidents during regular on-call rotations by identifying the level of impact, troubleshooting basic issues, and deploying appropriate fixes to resolve root cause(s); alerts product teams or owners to major customer impacting issues and escalates the resolution of complex issues and/or those affecting multiple components or features to other engineers as needed. Shares details related to incidents and their resolution through post-mortem reports and during regular review meetings.
- Develops an understanding of key learnings, insights, and best practices that can be applied to improve system, platform, and/or product development and operations by participating in code/design reviews, incident drills and debriefs, and regular meetings, as well interactions with more experienced Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) and members of product engineering teams.
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Working knowledge of one or more query languages including but not limited to T-SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Degree in Computer Science, System Administration, Networking, Mathematics, and Engineering in general, or an equivalent industry internship or industry engineering experience.
- 2+ years of technical experience in software engineering, network engineering, or systems administration or
- 2+ years of experience in relevant SRE area, cloud operations, or microservice architecture.
- Deep knowledge of industry trends as well as advances in large-scale distributed systems and cloud technologies
- Passion for data-driven decision making
- Experience in a cloud stack and leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles and/or demonstrating sensitivity to operational concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a plus.
Position: HR Services Advisor
Valid: 28.09.2022 to 30.10.2022
Show description »
E- Search helps Microsoft get the best externally employed candidates (Serbian citizens).
We are looking for an HR Services Advisor to support Microsoft HR Services Centre.
This is an external staff job position, with a temporary employment contract with E- Search company, in service of Microsoft.
In this role you will be involved in managing employee administration with our Service Center, problem-solving employee issues, managing local benefits programs, support on organizing local events and be involved in employee onboard, offboarding and other aspects of the employee lifecycle.
This role offers the successful candidate the unique opportunity to work in a virtual, matrix-like European team that works across teams to provide end-to-end employee support.
You will gain valuable international experience, whilst further deepening HR operational and consultative expertise.
- Interface function between the local HR team and the Europe HR Services Service Center
- Close cooperation and partnership with the Service Center team
The HR Services center of excellence provides operational and support services for Microsoft HR programs, with primary areas of focus being customer support services, core HR operations (HR data administration, onboarding, leave administration, staffing, learning & development, etc.), business process optimization, HR online solutions, and project management. The success of the HR Services organization is critical to the overall effectiveness of HR and our ability to ensure consistent employee and manager experiences companywide. The HR Services Support is a member of the HR Services organization and plays an important role in ensuring data management, excellent customer service and process management.
This position requires an action oriented professional, who will be primarily responsible for using their exceptional problem solving, customer service and data entry skills to support HR Services operations. The ideal candidate will have hands-on knowledge of any HR system and experience working in HR shared services. The HR Services Support needs to have the ability to exercise responsibility for maintaining position, employee and contingent staff data worldwide, while ensuring the accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of the data. To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will need to excel at: operational execution, attention to detail, customer service, analytical problem solving, communications, and continuous improvement.
Work with employees and managers by responding to inquiries and performing routine transactions using documented processes and policies.
Process Management – Review own performance metrics target and identify opportunities for improvement.
Data Management – Input employee data into Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and document activities as requested. Ensure operational compliance in data handling with relevant policies, procedures and processes.
Documentation – Review documents and reports related to employee records in human resources processes and verify their accuracy based on requirements. Document and update processes, desk-top procedures, and knowledge-based content.
- CRM Queue and cases management, based on HR Services KPIs/SLAs and Employee Support Experience Standards principles
- Carrying out local administrative tasks in connection with all standard HR processes in the employee lifecycle and ensuring quality data entry completed within SLA depending on priority & complexity
- Coordination of wet signatures for Employment Contract & other official documents and collecting employee required documents
- Working in a highly data sensitive environment, responsible for protecting Data Privacy at all time and adhering to confidentiality requirements to promote zero breach of compliance policies
- Recommend solutions to process failings and contribute to the continuous improvement process and Participate in implementation of new business policies and processes. Participates in process redesign and recommends changes to the existing process by using independent judgment and discretion, resulting in improved operational efficiency
- Regularizing employees’ employment and termination with relevant government offices State/Statutory Authorities Inquiries support
- Onboarding and offboarding document completion for contractors
- Collaboration with OnePayroll team
- Coordination of Onboarding administrative processes for new joiners and driving NEO local corner sessions
- Provide customer support by working with internal partners or customers worldwide, to answer questions and resolve transaction problems. Able to independently resolve exceptions by using discretion
- Benefits coordination (enrollment and cancellation processes) and HR suppliers administration management
- Support with relocation, temporary arrangement and immigration documentations and procedures
- Personal Files Audit (physical/digital) and maintenance
- HR Post mail handling
- HR Services Desktop Procedure updates and maintaining up-to-date Knowledge Base content on policies, procedures & FAQs and share the gained knowledge and experience
- Preparation of evaluations, reporting, analysis of data and preparation of bases for decisions (PowerPoint presentations)
- Continuously strive to gain customer satisfaction and minimize complaints on the delivery of HR Operations Services
- Optimization and continuous development of all operational HR processes
- Implementation of new processes in cooperation with the Service Center
- Ensuring the flow of information to internal and external partners
- Support in various HR projects
- Independently responds to complex internal and/or external partner issues, advocating for the partner/customer, and influences the decision making on deliverables.
- Operational Support in various HR projects and Employee Events
- Degree in Business, Human Resource Management or Customer Service or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience in data entry or management
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) with an ability to listen & respond to customer queries
- Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures - Knowledge of and ability to adhere to and update Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Legal And Regulatory Requirements - Knowledge of the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines, and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- Data Entry - The ability to transcribe information from the original source into a computer system according to instructions or established guidelines efficiently and accurately.
- Data Integrity - The ability to maintain and assure the accuracy and consistency of data over its entire life-cycle in design, implementation, and usage of systems.
- Human Resources Systems - Knowledge of Human Resources operations and support of the systems (e.g., Human Resource Information System, Human Capital Management) from the standpoint of computer operations, network operations, and/or technical support.
- Key Performance Indicators - Knowledge of Performance Indicators, measurable indicators that demonstrate the achievement of an outcome enabling decision-makers to assess progress towards the achievement of intended outputs, outcomes, goals, and objectives, and are chosen to reflect the critical success factors of a project.
- Troubleshooting - The ability to identify and correct problems with products, processes, equipment, software or other components, as well as their monitoring and regulating
- Display strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities and/or projects
- Fluent written and spoken Dutch and English languages, French is nice to have
- Must have strong planning, coordination, and organizational skills
- Experience in ERP (PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP – preferably SAP)
- Independent, structured, and proactive working style with a high degree of team orientation and growth mindset. Strong desire to continuously improve processes & deliver against agreed objectives/ service levels.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and willingness to help others
- High degree of flexibility and a good grasp of the relevant tools and processes
- A high level of service orientation, solution-oriented hands-on mentality, and fun in operational activities
- Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving & trouble shooting skills, as well as a desire and attitude to go above and beyond in resolving issues. Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Personal initiative and decisiveness, ability to make decisions that impact customer service levels with a sense of urgency
- Interested, committed and enthusiastic personality
- Must have excellent MS Office program skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Ability to work with and perform basic analysis on large amounts of data is required as well as the ability to create presentations and documents, and email/scheduling experience is required. Advanced Excel skills are desirable. Ability to work with/manage documents on a SharePoint is desirable.
- Experience with common help desk tool such as CRM is a plus